Kirsten is an ACA registered counsellor and an APTA registered play therapist with qualifications in psychology, grief, loss and trauma counselling and early childhood education. She brings a wealth of knowledge in early childhood education and development and a special interest in the effect of trauma on brain development and interpersonal neurobiology.
With over 15 years experience working in Montessori education and with young people, she is passionate about the importance of taking the time to form secure, positive therapeutic relationships with individuals in order for them to feel heard and safe.
Working from a humanistic, person centred approach she is passionate about how beneficial play therapy can be for both children and adults in working through difficulties resulting from life events, traumatic experiences or mental health difficulties. Giving individuals a voice where words may not be found.
- In person: Newcastle and the Hunter Region
Get in touch with Kirsten
Kirsten’s main support day is Friday.
- Email: email@example.com.
- To speak with someone about working with Kirsten, please call 1300 222 767.
- Submit a Play Therapy referral – here
- Submit a Play Therapy for Adults – referral – here
- Submit a Counselling – referral – here
- Submit referral for Positive Behaviour Support – here